The catering at the College is provided by Caterlink
The menus will rotate weekly - please click on the link in the table below to view the relevant menu:
|Week Commencing||Week Commencing||Week Commencing|
|6th January||13th January||20th January|
|27th January||3rd February||10th February|
|17th February||24th February||2nd March|
|9th March||16th March||23rd March|
|30th March||6th April||13th April|
There are four catering outlets across the site, providing a wide range of food options including two course meals, salads, pasta, sandwiches snacks and drinks.
There are plenty of innovative ideas including ‘Special Days’ and ‘Seasonal Menus’. The menu is also advertised weekly for both parents and students to see in advance (see the table above).
The Kitchen is led by our Chef Manager Pauline, who is always on-hand to listen to the students’ needs and suggestions.
Pauline and her team will always come up with new ideas to keep meal times enjoyable and fun. Our management and staff are also friendly and, above all, accessible. We listen to our customers and actively encourage them to tell us what they think of our service.
Our convenient, secure and efficient biometrics payment system means parents simply log into ParentPay (see below) to pre-load funds onto their child's account which they can then use to pay for meals and snacks using our fingerprint scanner at the till points. If you are new to the school or have no login details please contact us.
You can also monitor what your child is eating by using your ParentPay login (see below) and click to see their purchasing history.
ParentPay – Online Payments
We are pleased to say that we can now accept payments online. ParentPay offers you the freedom to make these payments whenever and wherever you like, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - safe in the knowledge that the technology used is of the highest internet security available.
Some useful pointers to get you started:
- Have you got your ParentPay login and password?
- If you haven't please contact College Reception.
- Have you changed your password to something you'll easily remember?
- Click on My profile if you'd like to change it.
If you have more than one child at our school you can merge their accounts giving you future access using a single set of login details. Click on My account or My Profile then click merge my logins and follow the simple steps.
Free School Meals - Are you missing out?
You could be saving £10 per week. That is around £400 over the school year and nearly £2000 over 5 years!
At Uckfield College, we are committed to working with students and their families to ensure that they are fully supported in their learning. We recognise that this extends beyond the classroom and we want to make sure that the health, well-being and opportunities for learning for all students is the best that it can be. One of the ways that we can do this is to make sure that everyone who is eligible for school meals applies for them whether they eat in the canteen or not.
The more people that complete the form, the more money the school will receive from the Government. This money is used to support a number of activities in the College.
Who can claim free school meals?
For children in Year 3 and older, free school meals may be provided if parents or carers are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit only, provided your annual household income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) does not exceed £16,190. Anyone entitled to Working Tax Credit is not entitled to free meals regardless of income
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Children will continue to receive free school meals if they meet the existing eligibility criteria and are in receipt of full-time education.
How to Apply
To apply for free school meals for your child, you must fill in the form found via the link below and return it to the College.
Forms are also available from the College Reception.
If your child is eligible, you will be notified by the College or East Sussex to confirm that your child is entitled to free school meals.
- Families who are currently paying for school meals will save around £400 a year for each child if they are entitled to free school meals, about £10 per week
- The College will receive £935 in additional funding each year for every pupil who is registered for free school meals, to support them to achieve
- We have systems which mean it is impossible for other pupils to know who is receiving free school meals
- If your child is eligible for free school meals the tills will be credited with a £2.10 value per day, this can be spent at break or lunchtime. The set two course dinner is available daily for £2.10
- School dinners provide a healthy, nutritious and tasty meal
- Research shows that a school dinner can help concentration levels